Senior Business Development Manager – Hotel Technology
London – £30,000 – £40,000 plus double OTE
A European Tech Start-Up business has just created a bespoke software platform aimed at hotels and is now in need of a Senior Business Development Manager to take it to market. The company has doubled in size in the last 12 months had has just raised a further £30m in 3rd round funding.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for taking the proposal to market, pitching and closing C-Level decision-makers across hotel groups and boutiques both in London and also the wider reach of Europe and the Middle East. This product’s go to market strategy is a solutions-based approach tailoring the platform to each client’s needs. There have been some low hanging fruit identified by the business although there is an expectation to drive new business and open doors to new opportunities via an existing network.
Responsibilities will include
- Lead the execution of a consultative sales cycle into enterprise clients
- Generation of new business plus bringing on board the “low hanging fruit”
- Pitch to decision-makers at C-Level
- Negotiate, interact and develop lasting relationships with leaders at the world’s most creative and influential companies.
- Be the single point of contact in sales for the prospect
- Identify, prospects, pitch and close deals with senior executives in Europe
- Develop tailored pricing proposals for software and services
- Attend seminars and trade shows as required
- 3+ years experience selling into hotels, hospitality or travel
- Working knowledge of selling a solutions-based product – SaaS, platform, or consultancy services
- Experience selling into HR or finance departments
- Working knowledge of how software solutions can benefits businesses
- Ability to understand the client’s business problems, and lead intelligent conversations
- Ambition to grow with a growing company
- Technical aptitude and desire to master sales tools, including Salesforce.com
- Willing to travel 30% of role across Europe
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent on-the-job experience