Sales Manager, SaaS
Up to $140k basic, $280k OTE
Are you happy with the status quo or would rather go disrupt an entire industry?
Our client is the SaaS pioneer for the deal economy measured at over $1 trillion of B2B rebate funds poorly managed and executed through the supply chain. Their software helps companies acquire, retain, and better serve customers by working well with their trading partners using intelligent joined-up plans and incentive programs.
Their customers have set up thousands of B2B rebate deals on over $30bn of sales and purchases, and have invited more than 3000 trading partners to the platform to review and work communicatively on those deals. Customers include distributors, manufacturers, retailers, and buying groups from across North America and Europe.
Having demonstrated positive early traction while bootstrapping the business, their Series A financing of $18 million has created the inflexion point to scale the business and extend their reach.
The successful candidate will build on the success to date, accelerating the company’s adoption within enterprise accounts while mentoring and developing a team of high potential Account Executives.
What about you?
Location – can be located anywhere in the US
You have a proven track record in business application SaaS sales, having built a career on doing the simple things right and consistently beating your number. Your foundation is enterprise sales and you have a strong appreciation and knowledge of the latest sales and marketing methodologies.
Demonstrable management experience of a sales team is essential and as a minimum clear evidence of your ability to work with and manage resources across multiple teams.
You are evaluative and operationally strong, recognizing the old adage that there is no shortcut to a sale and only a series of gates that need to be passed as effectively and expediently as possible.
A rallying mentality and not being scared of balancing multiple priorities while rolling your sleeves to get the job done.
You know how to manage a project and comprehend the importance of communication inside and outside your team.
You’re someone who finds it easy to develop good working relationships, cross-functionally as well as within your direct team.
You are critical and also happy to be given a difficult task while staying 100% to the chosen path.
More specifically you will
• Let’s get this one out the way immediately – hit your number!
• Manage enterprise account engagement and implement a proven methodology and process for maximizing sales success.
• Mentor, manage and build the NA sales team ensuring effective ramp of new hires and continued improvement of sales productivity across the team.
• Be a key stakeholder in the ongoing development of sales enablement assets, programs and processes.
• Adhere to the company’s operational framework ensuring all sales tools are leveraged effectively and data entry/reporting requirements are met.
• Contribute to the company’s growth strategy and more specifically North America GTM priorities, sales structure, and hiring plan.
• Work with the marketing team to maintain alignment of demand generation deliverables and sales goals.
• Work with the Customer Success and Client Services teams to ensure post-sale customer success.
• Be a good corporate citizen and willing to embrace the company’s values of Growth, Mastery, Knowledge, Dependability, Order, and Industry.
What you should have
• Bachelor’s degree
• 8+ years of relevant experience, with 2+ years of people management experience within a B2B SaaS (business application) environment preferred.
• Proven line-of-business selling experience and ability to engage at a CxO level within enterprise accounts.
• Track record of selling B2B SaaS into some or all of these industries: Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Food Services, GPO/Buying Groups.
• A clear knowledge of value-based selling with multiple examples of success.
• Strong EQ skills, able to build strong relationships internally and externally while inspiring and driving a team to deliver exceptional results.
Equal Opportunity Employment
As part of their dedication to the diversity of their workforce, they are dedicated to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all employees and job applicants. In line with the Equality Act 2010, we strive to create and maintain a working environment in which everyone is able to make the best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit. No person is subjected to any less favourable treatment on any discriminatory grounds on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy and maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.