Head of Business Development – IOT/Intelligent Buildings
London – £60,000 – £70,000 plus double OTE
A well renowned European business has just created bespoke intelligent building software, and now need a Head of Business Development to take it to market. The company has years of experience working within the commercial real estate space and have now taken their knowledge of the industry to help clients create the best workplace for employees. The business already boasts an exceptionally impressive client base across Europe, and expect that to grow with the induction of the software offering.
The Head of Business Development will be responsible for taking the proposal to market, pitching and closing C-Level decision-makers across a broad range of industries. A solutions-based approach selling this bespoke software and hardware, solutions which inevitability helps a businesses productivity. There have been some long hanging fruit identified by the business although there is an expectation to drive new business and open doors to new opportunities via an existing network or through events and conferences across Europe.
Responsibilities will include
- Lead the execution of a consultative sales cycle into enterprise clients
- Generation of new business plus bringing on board the “low hanging fruit”
- Pitch to decision-makers from within HR and Finance departments
- Negotiate, interact and develop lasting relationships with leaders at the world’s most creative and influential companies.
- Be the single point of contact in sales for the prospect
- Identify, prospects, pitch and close deals with senior executives in Europe
- Develop tailored pricing proposals for software and services
- Attend seminars and trade shows as required
- 4+ years experience selling SaaS/ProTech
- Working knowledge of selling to Enterprise clients
- Experience selling into HR or finance departments
- Working knowledge of how software solutions can benefits businesses
- Ability to understand the client’s business problems, and lead intelligent conversations
- Ambition to grow with a growing company
- Technical aptitude and desire to master sales tools, including Salesforce.com
- Willing to travel 30% of role across Europe
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent on-the-job experience