Business Development Director – Augmented Reality for Brands
London – up to £80,000 basic, £130,000 OTE (uncapped)
This world leader in Augmented Reality, championed by both Apple and Android platforms, provide very specialised AR solutions to brands and their retail partners to help them sell more. They are looking for a Business Development Director during this exciting period of growth. Highly profitable, the company is initiating innovative AR to become ubiquitous in the interaction between consumers, brands and retailers through creative campaigns. The business is set to change the way the world shops with AR. For example, traditional in-store POS and packaging springs to life with engaging original content or items that can be placed perfectly within consumer’s homes to help them visualise their next purchase, all through a suite of SaaS Platform Augmented Reality services.
The single biggest challenge face by the business today is responding to the inbound demand and market interest in AR. Already in profit, the business is poised for its next phase of growth and an incoming Business Development Director will be a critical contributor. As Business Development Director you will be selling specialist Augmented Reality solutions to brands. These could be brands in a range of markets (CPG, Pharma, Fashion, Electronics, Toys) providing they sell via retail partners. You will be based in London and travelling to visit clients.
Responsibilities will include
- Utilise your existing network and inbound leads to generate new business with brands in a range of markets (CPG, Pharma, Fashion, Electronics, Toys)
- The successful candidate will ensure the company meets and exceeds revenue and EBITDA targets through the development of both existing and new relationships with prominent brands and retailers across EMEA
- Exercise high energy and a tenacious mindset to drive sales, generating new revenue
- Act as an ambassador and a true evangelist to the market
- Provide effective and insightful decision-making based on data, experience and market understanding
- Continuous management of their own client billings, budgets, projections and analysis to include client reviews and business reviews
- The successful candidate will be an experienced ‘conceptual sales professional’, ideally with a strong track record and relevant existing brand contacts to leverage immediately. In an ideal world, they might also have a network within the advertising agency space that can be exploited to develop agency relationships in addition to the direct sales approach.
- Demonstrated results-driven success in conceptual selling and performance accountability
- Competent creator and confident closer of opportunities
- Linked to the above point, it is critical the candidate is unafraid and unembarrassed to ‘ask for the order’ when the time comes
- Effective clear communication skills required to have an impact at the senior level and influence stakeholders across the organisation and within key clients
- Technically literate and comfortable in the B2B/digital/AR space he/she will have an aptitude for conceptual sales with the ability to present to large groups of people with confidence
- High energy, hands-on approach with the ability to work effectively in a small, nimble, innovative start-up without the comfort of a large corporate structure
- Exceptional customer facing skills and strong operational ability
- Commercial acumen and the ability to be influential internally to drive performance
- The ultimate desire for success and ambition to grow a business with tenacity
- Previous experience of Salesforce desirable