Acquiring Partnerships Manager – Payments
London – up to £75,000 basic + 20% bonus
We are partnered with a leading UK based payments services organisation that specialises in offering card payment services to ensure businesses always make the sale. They also partner to provide additional financial services to help businesses unlock vital cash flow to support their business ambitions. They have big plans to expand both the company and their offerings and are looking for talented, energetic and passionate people to join the team and be part of their ambitious journey.
This is an immediate need to recruit an Acquiring Partnerships Manager to manage the existing UK and Ireland based acquiring partners and identify opportunities to expand and grow these relationships. You will need relevant account management or partnership management This role will also manage other strategic partners as we increase the product & services offered to customers. Working cross-functionally in the company, this role will build and lead partner relationships with senior stakeholders, handle operational conversations with product and operations teams, and lead commercial partnership negotiations. Intellectual curiosity and fascination with the global financial system, Internet businesses, and operational details of payments infrastructure will be a benefit.
Responsibilities will include
- Define, lead and implement partnership strategies with payment industry partners, including acquirers, financial institutions and other payment industry providers.
- Manage and maximise strategic relationships through proactive account management to enable revenue growth for both the business and their partners
- Strengthen the influence and market position of the brand while fostering joint marketing and promotion opportunities with industry stakeholders
- Understand your competitive position and implement programs to further and improve payments products, services and strategic objectives
- Lead and support management for their strategic industry initiatives, including fostering the partner engagement required to enable new products and platforms
- Research and analyse industry trends and opportunities to further distinguish its position as it relates to SME customers and its payments products
- Condition the expectations and dynamics of key industry partners while managing external influences to optimize for the impact on their role in the ecosystem
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Operations, Marketing, Pricing, Finance and other teams to identify growth opportunities, mitigate risk and execute upon their overall platform strategy
- 10+ years of experience in strategic partnering, negotiations, and executive relationship management. At least 5 years working in Payments or Financial Services in Europe with a solid understanding of the payment industry and its current evolution across the UK/Ireland.
- Previous experience working with a technology/software company or with an understanding of the various corporate and business cultures within the region.
- Proven track record in developing partner relationships, leading complex negotiations and executing partnership strategies that achieved broad support.
- Ability to influence teams even if no direct reporting relationship
- Ability to prioritize across a broad set of responsibilities and partners
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a high level of success/achievement
- Proactive/self-starting; willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- An ability to lead cross-functional projects and interact at all levels with diverse roles including sales, operations, finance, business partners and executive leadership
- Deep analytical skills that enables analysis of nascent industry movements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to transform complex data findings into actionable insights
- Solution-oriented with the ability to quickly learn and ramp-up in new subject matters to drive direction and decision making.
- A natural curiosity and strong desire to understand the customer, identify their needs and improve the customer experience & product/market fit
- Client service mindset for internal & external clients. Strong team player with a positive, can-do attitude who regularly volunteers to assist colleagues and take on additional responsibilities, even when it lies outside traditional boundaries